Before you start a Yoga Nidra class there are a few things you need to have prepared before we start:
- 2 blankets (one will need to easily fold)
- 1 pillow or bolster
- 2 cushions
- Your yoga mat
- An eye pillow if you have one.
- Water and chocolate for the end!
After the initial gentle yoga session you will be invited to make your ‘nest’ using the items in the list above.
- The first thing to do is use your folding blanket to create a concertina flat fan shape. The idea is that this is placed underneath the spine so that you shoulders are released to the floor to remove tension. The blanket needs to be fairly thin and easy to fold. The end of the blanket should be at the base of you spine so that your coccyx is off the end to release your lower back.
- Place the blanket in the middle of your mat and place a cushion where your head will be.
- Place a cushion either side where your arms/hands will be.
- Use a bolster or bed pillow folder to go under you knees. You can use a further two cushions underneath your feet if you feel like you need the support.
- Lie down and adjust yourself. You many need to refold the blanket or remove it if it doesn’t work for you.
- Use your second blanket to cover yourself, making sure to tuck in your toes.
- Put your eye pillow in place, and relax!